Thursday, December 11, 2008

 

Dear Stephanie,

we had reorganization meeting last night at our regular monthly meeting of Whatcom County Democrats and Stephanie was elected our new State Committeewoman. Congratulations Stephanie and in the spirit of our great participatory democracy i will communicate with you and post these communication on my precinct blog........


Hi Stephanie....
big congrats on your new position!!! I look forward to having you carrying the message to the next group of us.... and a big tip of the hat to your willingness to do this...having to deal with other humans can be trying at times, but ultimately oh so rewarding!

I was interested in what you said about the primary dilemma.... as you know I feel
very protective about our voice.... and I know there will be changes.... my main concern is that people who actually consider themselves democrats are the folks
who select our party's nominee....tax payer funded state primaries are fraught with unintended consequences and the possibility of mischief.(operation chaos would have been a magnificent success in our state) I am less afraid of republicans than I am of corporatists and their media shills. One of their top skills is marketing and they have plenty o' $$$$$$$ and hire the best and brightest to influence us. One of their very successful talking points is that this is an election and not our party choosing our nominee. We are especially vulnerable because of our open-primary status.

There is already enormous pressure within our own party to move to the presidential primary to register our preference for our nominee. I would like to
see us continue with our caucus for presidential nomination. With that, I would like us to educate ourselves and be prepared to reach out to our known democrats in our precincts. Also I would like to see proxy available for any reason. The deadlines would be the same or perhaps moved up to make sure we get them all to precinct for the tally on caucus day. This would be a great compromise and move us to the 21-century with our voice strong.

As a PCO, I would personally send postcards to all my democrats in a timely manner so they could have their preference registered by proxy if needed. I would also be available to assist as needed. I realize more work is involved, but saving our voice is worth it, and one of the most critical legacies we pass on. I’m in the old geezer section and the legacy is one of my most important issues now.

Thanks to great younger folks like you and the next generation we now see showing up, I have a lot of hope.I am looking forward to our journey going forward.

Thanks Stephanie!!

peggy


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?